 Pirates / 3194
3193  |  3195
Subject:
Semi-OT Good books about the British-French disputes in the West Indies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:39:40 GMT

Lately I've been researching my family history and I've been trying to find
out more about an ancestor who served with the 15th Regiment of Foot in the
British West Indies at the end of the 18th Century particularly during the
British take over of Martinique and Guadalupe in 1794.  This has led me to
realize that I don't know much about what happened in that period of the
world during that time, beyond what I've read about in novels like the
Hornblower series.  Since that's where the "traditional" pirates lurked, I
thought that some people here might have some advice for some good books on
the subject.  Can anyone help me out?