 Pirates / 3193
3192  |  3194
Subject:
Interesting part for shipbuilding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:05:08 GMT

Ahoy,

A new shipment arrived recently to stock the Port Brique shipyards, and
included two examples of an element I haven't seen before.

They are twenty studs long, have one and a half technic holes, three towball
connections and the end four studs length is standard rod diameter. They are
brown.

It seemed a very maritime part, but I couldn't figure out where it had come
from. Some experimentation showed they make a very nice bowsprit for smaller
ships, and I think they'd do well as arms as well (and with three towballs,
would probably be good for lanteen yards particularly).

But still I couldn't figure out where they'd come from. Certainly not from
any known pirate set, and they were brown - so fabuland seemed unlikely.

Finally I gave in, looked up the reference number on the piece on peeron,
and discovered they were tepee poles. (http://peeron.com/inv/parts/30129).

Anyway, a useful piece, I think.

(And keep your eyeglasses peeled for three new ships at Port Brique over the
next few weeks).

Cheers

Richie