 Pirates / 3090 (-20)
  Re: Highlanders!

Another thought might be to a set of control levers to make all the pipes. Joe Meno (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Highlanders!

(...) Your figs caught my attention...really nicely done! The kilt/legs are a neat solution! As for the bagpipe, hm...(this is off the top of my head) Short lengths of flex tube for the pipes, with a grey light saber blade for the bottom tuning (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Highlanders!

Ahoy Taking a break from the Grande Armie of the South Pacific, I came up with some highlanders as guards for the Brikkish Embassy in Port Brique. (URL) kilts are a bit too short, but using 1x1 bricks (rather than 2 2x1 plates made the kilts too (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs) !

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

snip (...) Ahoy matey! I at one time had purchased (very cheap) from a friend the hull and most of the other pieces to build this ship. I didn't have any of the yellow pieces though and ended up making it in red blue and black. I wasn't really very (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

Toy manufacturers in America have been very carful since the 70's when a kid fired a missile from a Battle Star Galactica toy into his brother's mouth, who unfortunately choked and died. This led to changes in other "action" toys such as the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

(...) "What do you want for Christmas?" "I want the Red Beard Range Model Shooting Cannon - the one with the compass in the stock." "You don't want that, kid. You'll put somebody's eye out! Oh, and cannon's don't have stocks." -->Bruce<-- (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

(...) I always thought it was due to Lego in America being scared of litigation if some kid ever managed to injure themselves with those things. But I do appreciate the irony with the gun control. Ah, America - land of contradiction... Michael (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

(...) I thought this was wierd too. I went and looked at the instructions to the original BSB and the 4 pieces were used under the rear mast: (URL) they now use 2 2x4 bricks instead, but still included the others. Also, I noticed that the hoist with (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

(...) Mine's currently being held by customs, so to speak, as my wife & I negotiate a suitable display location in the living room. (...) I didn't have a 1x8 black plate but I had a 2x8 plate which can be used as a plank (as in "walk the plank ... (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Some pics from Port Brique

Ahoy! Some time at home waiting for a plumber to arrive, and decent sunshine, meant I could finally take a couple more pics of Port Brique and its residents. All the races of Port Brique. Capt Legeaux and the Mayor pictured with two different (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

I got my Barracuda on Wednesday, at a Brisbane Lug meeting. I was so thrilled I put it together then and there. It's beautiful... just beautiful! It's now in the process of dismantling. I need the pieces! (...) I had these too, as well as a 1x8 (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

Ahoy there me maties! Christmas sailed into my house in the form of a Black Seas Barracuda. It took me about 3-4 hours to put together whilst watching tv. I finished it off Christmas evening whilst watching the film "Jaws". Nice to see the BBC (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

(...) a pirate, but above all I wish everybody a peacefull 2003. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

(...) <snip> (...) Awesome! A very clever idea. ( and I'm envious of the figs, baseplates and BURPS too! :-) ) Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

Hi Klaas, hi Lisanne! That's a nice picture! And that's a pretty big amount of BURPs and figs, by the way... I also wish you a happy new year. I'm too late for Christmas wishes now :-) Tschüß Jojo (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

(...) Hi Klaas, I hope you had a Merry Christmas and some time to rest from the stress of your job. Very nice done seasons greeting picture! Please let Lisanne know, she did a great job. With best wishes for 2003 to you and your family! Kind (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

Dude, that's cool! I love it. Very nice idea. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year! -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

Hi everybody, My wishes in 3D! (URL) to daughter Lisanne for building most of the 'parades' [:-)] More details: (URL) H. Meijaard Lugnet 291 (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: The top hat shako

(...) Nifty! If I wasn't using my top hats for some of my midshipmen, I'd probably give it a shot. (...) service with Wellington: the Belgian style up to 1812 and the 'stovepipe' after (well, once the hats actually caught up to the army). The (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  The top hat shako

Ahoy and G'Day I've completed the first conversion of a top hat into a shako. I used a cutting disk for most of the cutting, tidying up with a craft knife and fine sandpaper. The removed brim was not salvagable (although it probably could be, if (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact