 Pirates / 2907
2906  |  2908
Subject:
Fun with Filters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:50:52 GMT

I'm not sure if there is lag now with uploads to brickshelf, so these may be
waiting for approval before they will work.

I was processing my vacation images in Photoshop, when I realized I hadn't
tried the macro settings on my new camera yet (minolta S404).  I got out the
lego guys and got in their faces.  The darn thing is too good, I could see
every speck of dust and hair on the minifigs.  So, to gloss over that, I ran
the picture through a variety of "artistic" filters.  I thought they had
potential for using as a story-telling process, so for your general
amusement, I put them up on brickshelf.

Neon Samurais

A warning: I left these full size, so the picture is huge, you may want to
click on the picture so it is visible all at once on your screen.  God only
knows if you want to wait for it if you are surfing along in the slow lane
with a modem....

Watercolor Conquistadors

Same warnings go with this.  This was also a test of a Rub'N'Buff like
metallic wax-based compound that I tried on the helmets.  If anyone wants to
see the unfiltered version, lemme know.

Bruce