 Pirates / 2906
Re: Quality Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 02:23:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes:
I think your NLSO has become an LSO!

Well, she doesn't hate them; but I am not sure that she is ready to be my
lego playmate yet.  She likes to build when she wants to build, but not
otherwise.  And she is willing to talk Lego up to a certain "saturation"
point at which time she begins to stare off blankly into space.  If the
blank stare goes on for too long a time she usually yells something like, "I
don't care about you and your stupid legos!"

So far she has built the Paradisa Poolside Paradise, the Time Twisters
Flying Time Vessel, the Adventurers T-Rex Transport, and the Pirate Armada
Flagship. I usually leave her alone while she builds unless she has
something to say about the activity at hand.  And I have to admit that for
my part I don't give her sets I value very highly to build -- these are
usually sets that I have multiple copies of.

O, and to finish on the topic of the Armada ship:
Once we got past the day two shooting cannon incident ("Look! The cannon
actually fires the cylinder brick!" "Yeah, whatever...") and put the vessel
atop our television, she seems to have lost all interest in lego again.

At least for now...

-- Hop-Frog