 Pirates / 2740 (-20)
  Re: New legend is up

(...) Darn! This isn't fair. I mean, look: Pirates gets 4 re-realeses (legends and otherwise) Train gets 2 Town gets 2(?) Castle gets 1 ? gets 1 (USS Constellation) Space gets 0 Oh well, I suppoese the BSB isn't all that bad... but already with 2 (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship-of-the-Line

(...) Wow! Thanks for pointing this out. A really nice ship and a testament to building one without the standard hull parts. This guy really did a good job with providing access to the inside and with inside details. I think the ship appears to be (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New legend is up

(...) Wouldn't have been disappointed if 6074 won ('cause I'd buy a bunch of 'em), but I have to say, this is the set I thought most worthy of being called a Legend. Time to start saving my money. With the Imperial Armada ship and Redbeard Runner (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  New legend is up

The announcement of the newest legend is up on the Lego site. The Black Seas Barracuda won. (URL) Christiansen (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates) !!

  Re: Ship-of-the-Line

Wow. Incredible detail! The sails are wonderful, if not strictly LEGO :-) This is an inspirational masterpiece. You're right about the three decks, but who's counting? The look of it, and the photography are both excellent. It certainly shows up all (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: [My latest MOC] The lost tower

Jojo, yes, it will looks better if I use smaller bricks But I don't have enough. The poor pirates will have real difficulties to bring their booties up the ladder but, as I wrote to Bruce, the tower was not built for them but for ... nobody knows. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Ship-of-the-Line

Spotted this on Brickshelf - a 64 (?) gun Ship-of-the-Line, the HMS Diadem. All you pirate-heads might want to take a look. I suppose a 64 gun SotL shouldn't be a triple-decker, but why be that picky? :-) (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: [My latest MOC] The lost tower

Hi Denix! (...) That's great! As Bruce said: Just beautiful! And the opening picture in your folder is really fantastic and atmospheric. However, two little notes: The walls of the tower look a little like concrete rather than brickwork due to the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) But there are plenty of local/regional opportunities. In MichLUG, we have done space and castle displays at science fiction conventions and some members have done a fundraiser for a local church with train, space, and castle. It's just a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) This is way too crossposted. Jude XFUT .trains (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) <snip> (...) Oh no, we here in the NGLTC often do stand alone shows that we are invited to do, or think up ourselves. We've done display at the Atlanta History Center during the Christmas holidays, the Festival of Trees (also Christmas (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) I see plenty of clubs: WAMALUG, NELUG, MICHLUG, etc. These cater to all Lego fans. As for Train Shows, virtually NONE are comprised of a single Lego Train layout, and organized by said train club. They're invited to model railroading shows, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

Aaron West wrote: <snip> (...) Hm. A better question might be "WHERE ARE the fan clubs for the other popular themes of CASTLE, PIRATE, and SPACE?" There are at least twelve organized LEGO train clubs in the US, plus clubs in the rest of the world as (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Pirate set availible (was Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025)

I do not know if this has been talked about or not, or considered widspread knowledge so please forgive me if I am being ignorant, I don't venture much out of .space, mecha, and .starwars ...but if you have gotten Lego's newest summer catalog, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) That seems to be a broken link. :-) FUT .fun (although that seems to be an interesting domain possibility! (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) This is really not helpful. -Suz trimd fut to .general (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) This is really not helpful. -Suz trimd fut to .general (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Too many Harry Potter (tm) figs?

(...) Put them up on BrickLink(tm). They will sell well. Or just contact me, I'll buy them. Just for the hair if nothing else. Trimmed fut to .general (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Brotherhood of Citizens for Eldorado (was Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025)

Hello! (...) Pirates are great! Almost as great as Castle... (...) I'd like to see some new models. New! NEW! N E W !! Not just those re-releases, classics and legends. NEW models. If the designers at TLC can create new Galidor sets they could (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Brotherhood of Citizens for Eldorado (was Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025)

(...) To be fair, you have incorrectly snipped my statement and attributed it to Michael. My full statement was: "I'm not really sure of the demand for Pirates, but since it is such an awesome and totally kewl theme, I'm sure TLC will release dozens (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact