 Pirates / 2739
Re: Ship-of-the-Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 19:07:44 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Spotted this on Brickshelf - a 64 (?) gun Ship-of-the-Line, the HMS Diadem.
All you pirate-heads might want to take a look.  I suppose a 64 gun SotL
shouldn't be a triple-decker, but why be that picky?  :-)

Bruce
Wow! Thanks for pointing this out.  A really nice ship and a testament to
building one without the standard hull parts.  This guy really did a good
job with providing access to the inside and with inside details.  I think
the ship appears to be floating a little too low in the water for the gun
ports.  But this is a terribly minor point for such a nice piece of work.  I
really love the look of white sails!  There is something so classic in them.
I wish Lego had made a ship using white sails to augment the striped ones.
I'm inspired to build another ship now!
happy building...
Tom