 Pirates / 2685 (-20)
  Re: Fleet Week

Hey, My Mom lives in The Newport Towers in Jersey City. When I was a wee sprig'n I used to watch the ships come in and out of the Hudson Harbor every Year. It's definetly an inspiration to see the ships, especially from the 18th floor. She's always (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fleet Week

That's the beauty of Lugnet. I didn't have a clue what I was taking a photo of, but Lindsay did! (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fleet Week

(...) And though it's posted in .pirates, it is in fact an *anti*- pirate! That's the Coast Guard training ship, U.S.S. Eagle, whose name is reserved for the USCG (thus why you'll see no Navy ships named that) after the War of 1812 in which a tiny (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Fleet Week

Ahoy! Tall ship to port: (URL) the stars & stripes, in case you didn't see it from the TV blimp covering Fleet Week. Sighted from me crow's nest overlooking the U.S.S. Intrepid in the Hudson River. -Erik (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) I think the end of May was mentioned as the time they would announce the winner. Bruce (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  The next lego legend

I saw the Lego taking votes for next legend. (URL) seems it have been there for a while, I wonder when they will pick the winner. I'll definitely picked 6285 and hope it will be the winner! Wish 6286 will return as well. (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_) (If questions should arise, seek clarity within the following explanatory links) (URL) here they are… !New Castle Sets!… (URL) has a Scala-esk background, but the pieces are all castle…no pink stuff! It (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

(...) Hey Michael, Thanks for the nice compliments! Be my guest in stealing any idea you see! I wouldn't be a proper pirate if I didn't uphold the tradition of stealing! Just keep your mitts off me gold! har har haarrr! Tom ps - look for more pics (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

Hey Tom, it's good to see some more great looking ships out there, and what I see of the island...woooooh! :) By the way, a very innovative idea using lightsaber hilts as spyglasses. I've been trying to find a piece for that purpose for a while... (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

(...) Hi Lindsey, Thanks for the compliments and comments! I appreciate the critique! Actually, I tell how I did the sails under the information page. I hope to make it more complete as time goes by. But here is the technique... I just use a heavy (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

(...) Excellent ships, wonderful photography and "posing," and a really stunning set of rigs. I like them a lot! A few questions/suggestions: -What are your sails made of? How did you produce them? I'm in the process of outfitting cutters and small (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

(...) Hi George, I plan on adding to the story lines as I go. I appreciate you checking it out! Tom (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

(...) Thanks Richie! (...) I hope to do some more ships with the basic boat parts. (...) Thanks for checking out my site! -Tom (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

(...) Tom, Very nice, you have a good sized fleet there, and some intrigiuing story lines. Thanks, George (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Pirate Ship MOCs!

(...) There's some nice work, there! The Sea Serpent shows what can be done without the 'standard' hull elements, and it's always good to see ships with a variety of cannon sizes. Cheers Richie Dulin (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Elements of a brick oriented RPG

I've been thinking about combining my hobbies of The Brick and Role Playing. The question is what is the best way to go about it. Some questions I've been asking myself: 1. Do I go with an existing RPG and just use LEGO bricks to build sets? 2. Do I (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.western)

  Re: Anyone going to Gencon?

(...) Interesting, what sorts of LEGO events? (22 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: Pirate Wars/BrikWars at Gaming Cons

(...) You could add BrickFest and Steve Jackson wrote here that he was running at Origins. Chris (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Yesterday's fest, and some long bow historical theorising...

(...) Thanks for putting it up; nice to have the words & pics in the one place. (...) The Spanish galleon [insert name here] is the "System Maria" (as in "Primo", "Duplo" and "System Maria"). I'd entirely forgotten my camp X-ray.... I hope I still (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Yesterday's fest, and some long bow historical theorising...

(...) And maybe a "Guess the legs" contest? (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact