 Pirates / 2638
Re: legend choices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 02:42:08 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
I'm with you on the not complaining thingie.  Actually, any brown hull is a
good one for me.
That's the thing, I s'pose.  There are those who want legends so they can
stick it in an alcove, build a shrine and surround it with burning incense
sticks, and then there are those of us who just consider them as glorified
parts-packs.  Since I fall firmly and shamelessly in the latter category,
the BSB isn't worth as much to me, since I can pick up a large (admittedly
not brown, but what the hell) hull at half the price from a nearby store.
One thing I can't get hold of easily or cheaply are useful pirate baseplates
(CRAPPS, if ou will) and imperial soldiers/guards/whatever.  Which is why,
along with its innate legendary coolness second only to BSB, I would have
much preferred Eldorado.

Hmmmm. Then again I would not have expected the defensive aircraft of the
far flung future/past to be equipped with harpoons (a la the AT AT killing
snowspeeders) except in the wildest of alcoholic hazes.  Shows what I know...
Let's not get started on the military stupidity of Star Wars, hey?
Dogfights in space, giant unmaneuverable things on legs, complete abscense
of hand grenades (sorry, that one *really* annoyed me for some reason) :)
Michael Dallaston