 Pirates / 2637
Re: legend choices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:59:42 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
But I ain't complaining if they make the BSB, mind you!  :-)

I did vote for the BSB because I feel it is the singular most impressive set
of the five, but I have to say the 6074 at $35 would have me busting down
the door to buy more.  The Yellow Castle is...well...Yellow.  Doesn't fit in
at all with any of my castle stuff.

I'm with you on the not complaining thingie.  Actually, any brown hull is a
good one for me.

But like Michael, I'm in favour of bases.  I reckon I'd be out there happily
lapping up 6074s too, however for me, the Yellow Castle would be best.  I
have used the yellow with white, along the lines of the Pirate theme
buildings, and I'd be more than happy to pick up that many useful yellow
blocks, particularly the tall sloped.  I always seem able to pick up enough
white.

I guess for those of us who build pirates, most any of three of the five
sets would be pretty damn fine.

And I just can't imagine either of the other two sets really have a big
chance - the pre minifig one with have a rather narrow appeal, and hands up
all those who expect the vehicles of the exciting space age future will be
wheeled.

Hmmmm. Then again I would not have expected the defensive aircraft of the
far flung future/past to be equipped with harpoons (a la the AT AT killing
snowspeeders) except in the wildest of alcoholic hazes.  Shows what I know...

Good thing the El Dorado Fortress wasn't on the list though, I might have
been tempted to commence to contemplating the possibility of voting more
than once...

Richard
Still baldly going...
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/welcome.htm