 Pirates / 2595 (-10)
  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) because it's modern (Fifth Republic). From ancien-regime through Republican through Napoleonic, there's considerable variation in organization; whether or not this was reflected in rank orders is not something I'm certain of. I mean, for LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) I'm disappointed in your web searching skills, LFB :) I found this page after about a minute. It's a web page that lists a lot of different country's ranks of their various military branches. Unfortunately (or not) the ranks are in the native (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) OK--I've checked both in English and in French on the Web, and I've found nothing that's obviously a list of French naval ranks. I think you'll have to go to academic tomes, but I don't yet have any titles for you. How's your French? Do you (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) OK--I've checked both in English and in French on the Web, and I've found nothing that's obviously a list of French naval ranks. I think you'll have to go to academic tomes, but I don't yet have any titles for you. How's your French? Do you (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) I haven't seen too many references to French naval ranks in the Napoleonic period. The "Piratic Era" might be better considered ancien-regime; at least there, the ranks are standard. One of the problems with the Revolution, Directory, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  French Navy Ranks

I'm building up a small French fleet (Napoleonic/Pirate era), and would like to have authentic(ish) crew and ranks. The fleet will be commanded by a Capitain de Corvette sailing in a 12 gun brig, and the other two ships are a bomb ketch and a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: some new and some old stuff

(...) Not to mention one of the coolest ships I've ever seen! Jeremy Scott (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: brickshop open...baseplates, minifigs, western and more

I just wanted to apologize for the appearance of spamming...this was unintentional. I have been working with lugnet admin and tech support for the past week trying to figure out why I could not post to the newsgroups and I attempted the posts to the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Refitting disabled shooting cannons

(...) The web interface search engine gives this promising start, the thread that includes: (URL) There's much more if you type "disabled shooting cannon" in the search window. best LFB PS: Can't really help you on brickshelf. (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: brickshop open...baseplates, minifigs, western and more

A single posting, crossposted, would have sufficed instead of 12 or so individual postings. Also, sale or shop announcements belong *only* in the .market groups; for brickshops, in .market.b-s-t and .market.brickshops. Always best to ask before you (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact