 Pirates / 2593
  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) OK--I've checked both in English and in French on the Web, and I've found nothing that's obviously a list of French naval ranks. I think you'll have to go to academic tomes, but I don't yet have any titles for you. How's your French? Do you (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) I'm disappointed in your web searching skills, LFB :) I found this page after about a minute. It's a web page that lists a lot of different country's ranks of their various military branches. Unfortunately (or not) the ranks are in the native (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) because it's modern (Fifth Republic). From ancien-regime through Republican through Napoleonic, there's considerable variation in organization; whether or not this was reflected in rank orders is not something I'm certain of. I mean, for LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) Excellent. I hadn't found a mention of "Lieutenant de vaisseau" (although it seemed obvious that the French would have a Lieutenant in there somewhere). And I hadn't found any mentions of enlisted ranks. Cheers Richie Dulin (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)