 Pirates / 2510 (-5)
  Re: galleon (ISCC entry) then drifting off into an MOC of my own...

Hello Michael (...) You should guys learn Latin :) /Contignatio/ means "floor", "roof". (...) I've used two 2x1 plates with arm. (...) Well, it's very nice, I like the idea of cannons hidden under the maindeck. (...) "W Szczebrzeszynie chrzaszcz (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: galleon (ISCC entry) then drifting off into an MOC of my own...

(...) Hmmm... there's an idea - front-rudder steering :) What if the triangular sail was used as a kind of gaff, i.e. RBR style? Would that be 'acceptable'? Michael Dallaston (who's very good at making gaffes :P) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: the rereleased pirate sets

I'd like to see new pirate sets. Sure, it's cheaper to re-release, but Lego creates dozens of new sets every year, and from what we've seen in recent times they could do a lot worse than a revamp of (what seems) a popular theme. (...) I always (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: galleon (ISCC entry) then drifting off into an MOC of my own...

(...) Arrrr, I be despisin' them lubbers at Lego fer turnin' 'round their lateen sail aftbackwards, iffn you be excusin' me french. Gives designers the wrong idea. Next they'll 'ave their bowsprits afoul their rudders and they'll be well an' truly (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: the rereleased pirate sets

(...) plus, maybe creating newer moulds in case the older moulds were damaged, lost, or thrown away, or maybe just need an upgrade to update them to newer moulding machines. (...) plus, the "newer" sets probably easier to find more of the moulds... (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact