 Pirates / 2443
Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 00:59:18 GMT

Josiah Nicely wrote:

Just wondering, has anyone put up for a Pirate Game or Brikwars for the 2002?
and if they have, are there any ideas for scenarios or situations? I'd put a
plug in for a Napoleanic, Civil war style BrikWars game if there hasn't been an
idea put forth yet. Or a Scenario based Pirate Game. If anyone is interested in
kicking around new ideas or refining some I've already put out, get in touch
and let me know.

As Lindsay has said, Pirate Gaming at Brickfest is almost a given. I
will be looking for what's to make it less demanding of my time however.
I really want to have plenty of time to enjoy Brickfest as a whole. I
will welcome thoughts on how to manage this. I think to get the ball
rolling, I'd like to conduct a little survey:

1. If you are familiar with the game (played before or read the rules),
would you prefer a campaign game or a battle game?

2. What are the most attractive factors to that type of game?

3. What features of the other type of game are attractive to you?

4. Are you interested in helping GM? Are you the type who prefers to GM
over playing (yes there are a few of us out there)?

5. How many hours would you feel like committing to the game?

6. Do you have any thoughts on how better to run the game?

Thanks
Frank