 Pirates / 1978
  Re: What does this mean?

(...) They are bringing back the Armada Flagship and Red Beard Runner for direct sales only. That's it. Everything else is rampant speculation or wishful thinking. Of course, the hope is that this leads to some of the older and better designs being (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What does this mean?

(...) And Enchanted Island. ;) James (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What does this mean?

(...) I thought we were talking about pirates? :-) Bruce (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What does this mean?

(...) Enchanted Island is pirates. It's got that cute little pirate skiff. :) The Islanders are just window dressing. <ducking any rabid Islander fans> James (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What does this mean?

(...) I only like 'em for the anti-imperialist angle. Oh, and those neat faces. But I think the Islanders most certainly must be considered Piratey! Lord knows we're gonna see enough of them in this year's Game... best LFB (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What does this mean?

(...) Well, I like them whether they're pirates or not. Cool pieces, and the designs are not bad (if somewhat generalized) Native South American style. Kinda like the early (and better!) generation of the jungle adventurers. I'd love to see a new (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What does this mean?

(...) I make one smartalecky remark and spark a debate. :-) I think of the Islanders as more South Pacific than South American. The Adventurers Jungle didn't do a particularly good job with the Incan/Mayan look (I suppose the Aztecs weren't quite in (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What does this mean?

In reference to the question about TLG bringing back the Pirate theme, they did bring back the castle theme and now I am seeing lots of those sets on clearance at TRU, if they bring something back it needs to sell a LOT not just placate all of us (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What does this mean?

(...) I don't remember Castle ever going away. It got really bad during the fright knight era, and the Ninja collection was an improvement on the FK's, but There wasn't a year when there were no castle offerings was there? There are also a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)