 Pirates / 1896
Re: Come see my website!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 14:20:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Simmons writes:
http://home.earthlink.net/~xenobuzz/

After much crunching of code and checking and cursing and more crunching of
code, my website is finally online!  Come check it out and LMKWYT!

Dave

Dave - great pictures!  Thanks for sharing.  Like George I was also drawn to
the Islanders fortress diorama.  I particularly like the cave decorations
that you point out in your text and also like the look the islanders had
with the Indian mini-fig heads.  Islander and Indian figs are two of my
strongest obsessions in recent times. I've been trying to amass a good
collection of both.  Regarding your comments about using the Indian heads
instead of the Islander ones - something I had recently really paid
attention to for the first time is that all of the Indian figs have noses
which I think really does add a whole dimension of "realness" to their
faces.  I posted a question in the western newsgroup about whether anyone
else had any thoughts about why only the Indians have noses or whether there
were other similar figs.

To continue my praise - I also really like the expanded pirate's ship but
again like George have to bemoan the fact that none of my local thrift or
consignment shops ever seem to have any LEGO pieces!

Finally, I noticed in your links sections that you mentioned Micronauts - I
also have memories of what a keen toy this was back in the 70's (I'm in my
mid-30's).  If I hadn't got back into LEGO I probably would have substituted
Micronauts as my toy addiction of choice.  I like to check out related web
sites but probably won't be trying to buy any of the sets or figures even
though I still really dig them.

Thanks again for sharing your work.  I enjoyed it.

Greg

P.S. One last thought - I've been using some of the white painted Islander
heads to build an army of evil mini-fig mimes! (insert pantomime of silent
evil laugh here)