 Pirates / 1670 (-20)
  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) You'll need some black hulls! (...) I think there's a minor difference between full-blown junks and sampans (sorry, I learned the spelling used by the US Navy during WWII--as maru traffic vanished, US subs began spending torpedoes on (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) To the best of my knowledge, junks (later called san-pans) were Chinese/Korean in origin. I was under the impression that a majority of Japanese ships were coastal vessels, small fishing boats or galleys, designed for short journeys and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Kanonjoll

Hello pirates! After seeing the announcement about the upcoming Pirate Game event, and doing some reading, I came up with this: (URL) including a text file with some info about kanonjollar. LMKWYT! -Marc Nelson Jr. -should I have said "Ahoy!"? (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) That's a great scene! You can build some neat small ships out of non-pirate pieces - then you could do a Commodore Perry scene. Well, you have definitely inspired me - I already have my pirate crew assembled, and I'm going to start working on (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) No pirate ships. I don't have any and they are WAY too expensive in Japan. Two pics from that MoC are here (URL) plan to rebuild and overhaul this idea later since very few of the photos came out well. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) Well, there were a lot of Japanese pirates. They used to make life very unpleasant for the Koreans and Chinese. The Koreans called em "Wako". Chris Barker chris@superfami.com (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) Hmm, a Ninja island for the Pirate Game... I'll have to think about how that might work into the game... Of course there's lots of opportunity for piracy and whatnot in the oriental world. In fact, that corner of the world is one area where (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) Actually, I was just thinking about that whole concept. There is a big Pirate Game get-together that is supposed to be happening in June, and I was thinking about the possibility of building an island inhabited by Ninja types. I would love to (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

Based on Steve Bliss' comment, I've set FUT lugnet.fun.gaming (...) It would suck if people were ducking in and out all the time. But I agree that hte game is better than virtually any other at allowing this kind of play. (...) As Frank mentioned, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I probably won't be there, here are some random thoughts: 1. Which newsgroup were we supposed to followup-to? 2. If you're going to charge for playing, to cover the cost of securing Evil Stevie, charge more to play while he's GMing. Nothing (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Well, I think our schedule provided about 30 hours of gaming, so if the price was a buck an hour, total cost for the weekend would be $30. I did suggest we have a "bulk" discount (like $25 for the whole weekend). If the store owner really is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Neat! (...) The (...) by (...) Some extent? I think that people coming and going is fine, but of course it's always difficult when you have to acclimate new players throughout the course of the game. :) (...) Ack, I was hoping to make a full (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Well, why not fly out? If not to Piratefest, you might want to think about Brickfest. Heck, Evil Stevie himself will be flying in from Austin. (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Arrrrr, I be cruisin' the wrong waters off the lef' coast. 'Ere Evil Stevie sends 'is swabbies to the game convention to market his swag, but nary a sighting o' da pirate fleet or the Dread Pirate hisself. 'Ad to make do wi' Peter Pig's Pirate (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

Adding lugnet.fun.gaming... (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events, lugnet.gaming)

  Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

Hi all, I am in the process of organizing a weekend of playing with LEGO pirate ships in June. I need to gauge interest and begin to collect commitments. I don't have all the details (like a firm date) worked out yet, but here is what I do have. The (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Iron Clads

(...) David, I was thinking of making some little Monitors using those hulls. I haven't had time to do any extensive planning yet, but it seems like they should serve pretty well. If any of the little ones turn out well, I'm hoping to do a minifig (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: estimated value of a #6289 w/out cannons

Just pulling you message over to lugnet.market.appraisal Someone should be able to help you over there. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  estimated value of a #6289 w/out cannons

My nephew has offered to sell me his #6289 which is in good condition and has instructions but no box. He wants to keep the cannons, which I can deal with since I have extra ones. Does anyone have an idea of a fair price? (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) Well, I'm the night-owl by habit among everyone it seems. If someone is needed, I could probably swing it most easily. (...) Yes, most spiffy! (...) I suppose Evil Stevie does not live on "beer and pizza" alone... best Lindsay (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact