 Pirates / 1615 (-20)
  Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?

(...) It's always a tossup between 6285 Black Seas Barracuda and 6277 Imperial Trading Post for me. 6285 is absolutely the best ship, and what would pirates be without ships. On the other hand, 6277 is a beautiful little port with a nifty little (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  What is the best Pirate set ever?

Now we all know that the Black Seas barracuda will represent itself very well here, It is the first flagship set, and one of the most detailed. But I want to know who really likes what out there? There are some great sets in every pirate year, but (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Boat/Ship source material?

(...) The construction process of my ore boat may help: (URL) other lego boats: (URL) I may have some great protype photo's here: (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Soldier help?

(...) I always thought of them as the French and the English, respectively. And the Armada is (duh) the Spanish. In Legoland, they're probably the Age of Sail versions of the Knights Kingdom (blue) and Royal Knights (red) countries. Continuing (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Soldier help?

DOes anyone out there know why The Lego Company switched from Blue soldiers to Red Imperial guards in 1992? Are they supposed to be different countries, or different branches of the same military? I am also wondering why the Lugnet database lists (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Boat/Ship source material?

can any of you shipwrights out there recommend a good website for photos and/or general construction info about boats, or useful books, for that matter? For now, since I'm basically just getting starting, any sort of ship would be useful to me (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Iron Clads

Do you think the boat hull from the adventure set would do for a small version. I am considering getting some of those sets to build some small versions of iron clads. Or do you think that they are not wide enough. Thank you for your help David (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

(...) Here's to hoping for a resurgence in Blacktron yellow windshields in 2002! Markus (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Iron Clads

(...) It depends on what you mean by "Ironclads." I've done ironclads, but they're the oceangoing European sort--really overgrown frigates-- not the coastal or riverine sort that usually is associated with the US Civil War. (Sorry, no pics at the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Minifig Escort Destroyer HES Indescribable (MB)

Evening all, The largely Mega Bloks Minifig Escort Destroyer HES Indescribable made her maiden cruise on the weekend (after salvage and refit) at Studfest VII. I will get around to some Port Block Yards shots in due course, but for now (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

y'know, this one i'm gonna order from S@H for sure. given the juniorization of lego in general, and the IMHO lack of decent themes these days I, too, am excited about the Alpha Team sets. love all the new minifigs, too -paul (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Pirate Lego for Sale!!!

I am selling a group of pirate lego sets. Here is a list of the sets: 1747--Pirates Treasure Surprise* 6232--Skeleton Crew* 6236--King Kahuka* 6249--Pirates Ambush* 6264--Forbidden Cove 6279--Skull Island*(2 copies, 1 set boxed and complete and 1 (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) Ooh! GardenSLUG's in NJ, right? That'd be cool... maybe I could combine that with a visit to a friend. I'd love to do that... LMK when you're planning to go with that. -Shiri (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: My VERY FIRST publication of MOCS!!

(...) That's a pretty big ship. I like the use of the Droid Fighter slopes for spars with furled sails. Maybe that part will show up in white or tan. Frank (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) Well, there's probably food in the strip mall... Sleep, who needs that? Bring a sleeping bag :-) (...) It would be great for folks to bring ships. If we wanted to do a battle game, we could probably muster a HUGE fleet... Islands of course (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) The more the merrier, I say. (...) Or get food, or sleep (gasp)... I'm definitely game, with or without Evil Stevie. (Of course I'd gather that he's probably reading these messages, so maybe we'll hear from him at some point, hopefully in the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  My VERY FIRST publication of MOCS!!

Hello everyone, Here are my very first MOCS made public!! I welcome any comments, but please don't be too harsh on me, being only a adult just beginning Lego builder. I enjoyed building these MOCS very much, and hope some of this enjoyment comes (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) Would the place be available 24 hrs. Sounds like a yes. I would guess that if we didn't want to stay there 24hrs we could arrange to lock up. (...) Cool! (...) If the main focus was Pirate Con, and we didn't need Steve to bring his ships (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) 3.5 hours. (...) I don't follow. Actually, the only problem related to time (and I just thought of this) that I can see is that the mini-cons that happen there are typically Friday night straight through to Sunday afternoon with no locked up (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) How long was your drive to DC? NJ would probably be doable, though I'd be inclined to do it on a long weekend. (...) The strip mall sounds interesting. Would there be time problems? That sounds like an interesting location to do semi-public (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact