 Pirates / 1612
Re: Soldier help?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 20:33:02 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jon Furman writes:
DOes anyone out there know why The Lego Company switched from Blue soldiers
to Red Imperial guards in 1992?  Are they supposed to be different
countries, or different branches of the same military?

I always thought of them as the French and the English, respectively.  And
the Armada is (duh) the Spanish.  In Legoland, they're probably the Age of
Sail versions of the Knights Kingdom (blue) and Royal Knights (red)
countries.

Continuing real-world correspondences, I've always thought of the Black
Falcons as one of the Germanic states, and the Fright Knights would
logically be in Eastern Europe somewhere - Romania, or maybe somewhere
across the woods.

I am also wondering why the Lugnet database lists "Lagoon Lockup" and
"Broadside's Brig" as imperial guards sets when they come with Blue coated
soldiers?

Well...it might be a mistake, or it might be because LEGO themselves
classified them as Imperial Guards.  Not sure which is the case.