 Pirates / 1586
  Washing Pirate Sails?

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do or NOT do to clean pirate ship sails? I've acquired some used ones from various sources that are really dirty, as well as wrinkled, and I'd like to know how people clean these. Are the colors (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Washing Pirate Sails?

(...) I have washed with liquid dish soap and gotten good results. If they are smoky smelling it may be worth using an anti-bacterial liquid hand soap though I haven't tried this. If you dry the sails on a flat surface (like a towel draped over a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Washing Pirate Sails?

(...) Hi Paul, I've cleaned a lot of sails and the main thing to avoid is scrubbing them too hard. The threads on the edges come loose and fray if you wash them too long or scrub them too much. You can use just about any liquid detergent and even (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)