 People / Newbie / 148
Re: Hi, I'm a newbie, blah blah blah
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 02:14:03 GMT

I'll ask for help from Dan as soon as he untangles the site and programs a
registration process that isn't the single most hard-to-use process I have
ever encountered on any Web site, hands down.

(Larry, do you ever get tired of being a smug know-it-all?  Before
answering, make sure you read the FAQ.)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com>
To: <lugnet.people.newbie@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: Hi, I'm a newbie, blah blah blah

In lugnet.people.newbie, Paul Klenk writes:
How do I do that?

Try going here and seeing what you are subscribed to (assuming you are
getting these posts sent via email, if not, I'm confused)

http://news.lugnet.com/news/mail/

and if you are subscribed to people.newbie, remove it. If you're NOT, and
you're getting email nonetheless, try sending the one of the admins email • so
they can figure out what's up. Dan, for instance, will be happy to help • you
I am sure.

But the approach you used in your first post may not have been the most
effective one to start with if you wanted help.

Hope that helps.

Personally I enjoy watching people.newbie, it's always nice to see an • adult
in the throes of childish glee.