 People / 4515
Re: Hey, whatever happened to Shiri Dori?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:03:25 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.people, Dave Schuler wrote:
I suspect that she was abducted and whisked away to Rigel 4, but I admit that my
evidence is pretty thin.

Dave!

I was tipped off about this thread, so figured I'd drop by and corroborate the
Rigel 4 story.

Just kidding! Of course, I had to look Rigel 4 up first. Silly me! Hmmm, that
might've been more interesting than my actual whereabouts. :-)  Actually Larry
and Frank were pretty precise, lots of University stuff, and it actually is
Haifa U. (Dan, you probably remembered my intention to go to the Technion - I
had changed my mind at the last minute, and very happy that I did). It's all
Computer Science, and I've even had my first professional publication come out
back in June.

As for lego, well, you could say that I finally entered my dark ages (nearly
four years ago). That does depend of course on whether I eventually have a
renaissance! Cross your fingers if you want to see me back. ;-)

And hey, who knows? This coming summer I'm due to finish my masters, and then
the sky's the limit. An overseas job could certainly spur on a renewed interest
in lego, since costs were a major factor since I moved back to Israel. Though I
don't currently see myself rushing to work in the U.S. the second I graduate, I
don't rule it out either.

So thanks for asking, Dave, and thanks guys for showing interest. Oh, and Sheree
as well - I saw you missed me awhile back! It's nice to know. Feel free to drop
me a line to either my hotmail, or to  firstname.lastname@gmail.com .

Take care,
-Shiri