 People / 4414
Re: picture help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:38:57 GMT

In lugnet.people, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

   You’ll need to put the files on a web server, where other computers will be able to view it. Keeping it on your computer won’t let other people view it.

The best bet is if you have an Internet account with web space, is to upload it to your ISP’s web server. If you don’t have a web account, then the next best bet is to use a public image gallery. I recommend Maj.com as an image host. You’ll need to sign up for an account, but it’s free, and you can upload images there.

Once you have the images on a web server, you can view them in a web browser window. For example, if you were to go to this location:

http://www.anagrafyxx.com/newavatar.gif

... you would get this image:

Once you’ve got that web address (it’ll be different than the above, that’s just an example), you can type it into the post window on LUGNET, using FTX as above.

Hope this helps!

Kelly

Ok I think I got it now. Ill probubly sign up for maj.com, but one more question would brickshelf work as a image host or would maj.com be better.

thanks

Jason (Flip)