 People / 4413
Re: picture help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:04:56 GMT

In lugnet.people, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.people, Jason Brant wrote:
   Ok I know how to do that stuff now but I got one more question for you. How would you insert a picture that you have off a digital camera or one off a flopy disk?

You’ll need to put the files on a web server, where other computers will be able to view it. Keeping it on your computer won’t let other people view it.

The best bet is if you have an Internet account with web space, is to upload it to your ISP’s web server. If you don’t have a web account, then the next best bet is to use a public image gallery. I recommend Maj.com as an image host. You’ll need to sign up for an account, but it’s free, and you can upload images there.

Once you have the images on a web server, you can view them in a web browser window. For example, if you were to go to this location:

http://www.anagrafyxx.com/newavatar.gif

... you would get this image:

Once you’ve got that web address (it’ll be different than the above, that’s just an example), you can type it into the post window on LUGNET, using FTX as above.

Hope this helps!

Kelly

Kelly has covered just about everything but there’s one last bit I’d like to add. Keep tab on the size of image you post. Ever browsed brickshelf and you see a thumbnail, click it, and then just get this giant picture so big it won’t fit the screen? Can be annoying wouldn’t you say? So make sure you have your pictures sized in the 800x600 range (1024x768 max IMHO). Keeping your photos reasonably sized will make it easier for everyone to view.

HTH

Adr.