 People / 4188
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.org
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 05:38:18 GMT

In lugnet.people, Jesse Alan Long wrote: (snipping to focus on the “best” parts)
   What you would be termed would be ranging from sexually confused to sexually deviant to even being a sodomist. I did not make the terms up, people, I am just repeating what God and others who followed Him have said about such a lifestyle. If you, Suzanne, and you, Todd, and you, other LUGNET people, wish to give me the boot from LUGNET, then I will sue you for discrimination. I prefer to live in peace with other human beings. As for allowing such a group on here, I would have to object to such a thing on numerous fronts. If anyone wants to consider me a hatemonger for standing up to my faith in God Almighty, then they will also have to meet Him one day just as these people will for what they have done in life. It does not matter what your faith is because God trumps all other false religions and, as it was said in the past, “I am the way, the truth, and the life, and that no person can come to the Father but through the way that was made by me.”

With that being said, here are the reasons why such groups should NEVER be formed on here. The first reason is that such a group would promotes agendas that might irritate other LUGNET users. I know for a fact that people who call homosexual people hateful things will be banned so why not ban other forms of hatred? The fourth reason is that I do not want to be the focus of unwarranted hatred and intolerance for what I have faith in my life simply because I show respect and faith towards the One who created the whole universe. If people hate me on here, then they are the truly intolerant ones on LUGNET. The fifth reason is that homosexuality is NOT a tolerant lifestyle. It is an immoral, hateful, bigoted, sexist, discriminatory, intolerant, deviant, and even racist lifestyle. No one who lives the lifestyle and is confronted with these things and remains proud of what they do in life will do so once they actually start to ask the questions of the lifestyle. Often, the people who refuse to answer the well-meaning questions of the lifestyle are too arrogant to really answer such questions in life because they would not want to lose their moral superiority or they simply do not have an answer to those questions in life. Of course, if you want a sermon, then maybe you SHOULD go to a church that does not approve of homosexuality as an “alternative lifestyle.” We, meaning the true Christians, do not hate you, rather, it is you who hate those who will not conform to and accept, without any questions, your lifestyle and this would include me and others who think like me in life.

In short, LUGNET does NOT need to counteract or to contradict what has been a peaceful and mutually true tolerance for ALL LUGNET users and LEGO fans. So what if the company has policies that promote such a lifestyle? If the founders of LEGO found that fact out, then they would be turning over in their graves. From what little I know about them, I believe that they were truly moral and right people in life and that they would NEVER allow such a thing in their company. Why become a hypocrite, LUGNET? It would only allow hypocrisy to reign in LUGNET. I am a LEGO fan, you are a LEGO fan and what you do with your lifestyle is your business but when you are on LUGNET, you are to NEVER promote or to support hatred. This also goes to you, Todd, Suzanne, and anyone else who would support them in their true hatred of me. If this is my last time on here, then it will be the last time that anyone who makes sense to stand up for what is right not only for LUGNET but for what is morally right in life to be on here. The next time that you see me, I will be a headless LEGO Minifig and my little yellow LEGO Minifig head will be in one of those little LEGO pots.

Jesse Long

When reading this huge thread, I saw many posts that were beyond good taste, many that had no basis in fact, many that made preposterous statements, many that were bigoted and racist, but this wins by far.

I congratulate you, JAL.

~Kevoh
P.S. ;)