 People / 4152
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:23:53 GMT

"Jesse Alan Long" <kiraya_malzant@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.people, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.people, Saskia van Doesburg wrote:
In lugnet.people, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I guess I personally am in the camp that doesn't see why people would • *want*
this group. Personally, it seems marginalising.

I think Kevin has a very good point in his post:
[quote]
A group like this is useful for the same reason that LGBT concert • bands,
choirs, softball teams, gardening clubs, book clubs, square dancing • groups,
churches, RV'er and camping groups, swim teams, hockey teams, • motorcycle
clubs, water poloclubs, wrestling clubs, (and many other sports teams • and
clubs), AA groups, pilots associations, parents groups, students • groups, etc
all exist: because we like to enjoy our interests among people who • understand
us, *as well as* out in the wider community. Just as a simple thing, • it's
relaxing not to have to wonder "when I refer to my SO as "he", what • will the
reaction be?"
[/quote]

Or, really, why we even have things like LUGNET. About 10 years ago I • came out
of my dark age and had no way of finding like-minded individuals, until • I
eventually found RTL and LUGNET. The sea of "normal Non-Lego" people is
overwhelming. And originally there wasn't even a need for a ".space" or
".castle" newsgroup on LUGNET because there was so little traffic about • such
things, and so few people in the community that you could pretty much • read
everything on LUGNET. Differentiating between "castle people" and "space • people"
was trivial because 1) you knew most everyone 2) there weren't that many • people
to know. But as the community has gotten larger, the need to establish • smaller
subdivisions arose. Now, if you're a space-head, you can zip right over • to
.space, etc.

As I see it, being a gay fan is just another level of specification-- it • just
happens to be a specification that doesn't concern Lego per se. I expect • that
finding gay Lego fans is probably tricky (though admittedly I wouldn't • know), so
this would make things easier in that regard. And having a nice little • community
of people you can relate to is always nice to have.

The only issue remaining being that since it's NOT a strictly • Lego-related
subdivision the way trains or technic or SNOT are, is it worthy of • having a
group? I'd say sure. I mean, if we wanted to start up a group called
lugnet.people.parents, I'm sure that would be welcomed with open arms, • even if
it's similarly not a Lego-related subdivision. Really since the entire
"lugnet.people" branch is intended to be about the *people* in the Lego
community, and not explicitly Lego-related, it seems to fit in just • fine. I say
if there's interest in such a group, go for it.

DaveE

First of all, if you plan on having such a group, do you not know that • LEGO HAS
made pink as a color in the past?  I would think that a homosexual group • would
at least match the typical homosexual agenda on such a small issue like • that on
here.  Second, you are not gay because gay means happy.  What you would be
termed would be ranging from sexually confused to sexually deviant to even • being
a sodomist.  I did not make the terms up, people, I am just repeating what • God
and others who followed Him have said about such a lifestyle.  If you, • Suzanne,
and you, Todd, and you, other LUGNET people, wish to give me the boot from
LUGNET, then I will sue you for discrimination.  I prefer to live in peace • with
other human beings.  As for allowing such a group on here, I would have to
object to such a thing on numerous fronts.  If anyone wants to consider me • a
hatemonger for standing up to my faith in God Almighty, then they will • also have
to meet Him one day just as these people will for what they have done in • life.
It does not matter what your faith is because God trumps all other false
religions and, as it was said in the past, "I am the way, the truth, and • the
life, and that no person can come to the Father but through the way that • was
made by me."

With that being said, here are the reasons why such groups should NEVER be
formed on here.  The first reason is that such a group would promotes • agendas
that might irritate other LUGNET users.  I know for a fact that people who • call
homosexual people hateful things will be banned so why not ban other forms • of
hatred?  This leads to the second reason why it should never be formed on • here.
The second reason is that we do not have LUGNET users who have groups on • here
that represent other ideologies or faiths or ethnicities on here, so why • should
we treat you any differently than any other group on here?  To those • people who
do not know, LUGNET was created FOR people of ALL walks of life and as • such, no
preference should EVER be made to such people on here, even to people like • me,
or to people like the Lavendar Brick Society.  The third reason is that it • is a
form of hatred.  Do we really need a white supremacist LUGNET group or a • Black
Panther LUGNET group or a fundamentalist Islamic militant LUGNET group?
Absolutely not, people!  We have learned our lessons from the intolerance • of
those people, so why should we promote this form of intolerance, people?
Sometimes, homosexuality is also promoted along with racism.  Such an • event
happened in Norway.  It also happened in Rome.  The prime minster in • Norway and
the one that he confided in were both killed due to their hatred in their • lives.
The Norwegians tend to not approve of such things, so why should we, as • the
community of LUGNET, be promoting hatred, intolerance, bigotry, sexism,
discrimination, narrow mindedness, and other forms of evil?  The fourth • reason
is that I do not want to be the focus of unwarranted hatred and • intolerance for
what I have faith in my life simply because I show respect and faith • towards the
One who created the whole universe.  If people hate me on here, then they • are
the truly intolerant ones on LUGNET.  The fifth reason is that • homosexuality is
NOT a tolerant lifestyle.  It is an immoral, hateful, bigoted, sexist,
discriminatory, intolerant, deviant, and even racist lifestyle.  No one • who
lives the lifestyle and is confronted with these things and remains proud • of
what they do in life will do so once they actually start to ask the • questions of
the lifestyle.  Often, the people who refuse to answer the well-meaning
questions of the lifestyle are too arrogant to really answer such • questions in
life because they would not want to lose their moral superiority or they • simply
do not have an answer to those questions in life.  Of course, if you want • a
sermon, then maybe you SHOULD go to a church that does not approve of
homosexuality as an "alternative lifestyle."  We, meaning the true • Christians,
do not hate you, rather, it is you who hate those who will not conform to • and
accept, without any questions, your lifestyle and this would include me • and
others who think like me in life.

In short, LUGNET does NOT need to counteract or to contradict what has • been a
peaceful and mutually true tolerance for ALL LUGNET users and LEGO fans. • So
what if the company has policies that promote such a lifestyle?  If the • founders
of LEGO found that fact out, then they would be turning over in their • graves.
From what little I know about them, I believe that they were truly moral • and
right people in life and that they would NEVER allow such a thing in their
company.  Why become a hypocrite, LUGNET?  It would only allow hypocrisy • to
reign in LUGNET.  I am a LEGO fan, you are a LEGO fan and what you do with • your
lifestyle is your business but when you are on LUGNET, you are to NEVER • promote
or to support hatred.  This also goes to you, Todd, Suzanne, and anyone • else who
would support them in their true hatred of me.  If this is my last time on • here,
then it will be the last time that anyone who makes sense to stand up for • what
is right not only for LUGNET but for what is morally right in life to be • on
here.  The next time that you see me, I will be a headless LEGO Minifig • and my
little yellow LEGO Minifig head will be in one of those little LEGO pots.

Jesse Long

Is this your way of requesting a group for overly religious people? =)
/J