 People / 3963
Re: May I present...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:43:49 GMT

In lugnet.people, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.people, Maggie Cambron wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:

   The Experiment Begins 02-09-2004

Watch out, purists--another clone-fan is on the scene. One Matthew Aaron Schuler made his debut at 12:34PM ET on Feb 9. Mom, Dad, and son are super-groovy, I’m happy to report.

   Dave! Congrats! Take my advice-- skip the LEGO Baby/Primo stuff and go directly to DUPLO (but watch out-- the edges may be a bit sharp when the kid tries to chew on the pieces).

lol Assuming he even wants his kids around LEGO;-)

Good point--thankfully, MEGABLOKS also come in DUPLO-scale. PRIMO-scale, too, now that I think of it, but Maggie’s right about skipping that stage.

I don’t recall which set# it was, exactly, but my first LEGO was a universal building set of regular-sized bricks, which I received at the tender age of two. Delicious, and oh-so-pointy!

   One more thing-- that talk about reading great literature to your kid from Day 1 is a bunch of hooey. After a few nights you realize you may as well be reading the label from a box of cereal-- it’s the sound of your voice that counts at this point, so you can read him comics or sing him jingles from Taco Bell commercials or... heck-- experiment!.

My wife is working on her doctorate studying the effects of music, and specifically classical music upon premature infants. Her thesis is that it is highly beneficial, and I would guess it would be for newborns as well.

That’s cool! Simply for reasons of aesthetics (rather than out of any knowledge of music therapy), we chose Beethoven’s Glorious Ninth as Matthew’s first musical exposure (post-womb, that is).

Thank you to everyone for the kind wishes!

Dave!