 People / 366
  Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!

(...) Ok, I get it now. I just wish I could set up something so X-Real-Life-Name displayed in From in Eudora. I already have a filter that deletes all the X-Real-Life-Name=Tim Courtney mails I get, to eliminate having to hand-delete my own posts. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  eudora thread bug (was: Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!)

(...) I recommend either ditching Eudora or asking its author if there is a bugfix. (...) Eudora is sending improper 'References:' headers. Working backwards from what it appears to be doing (consistently), it seems to be dropping (or, more (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!

(...) Well, you could try a newsreader instead of email - it's much more suited to what you're doing, following a discussion group. If you like Eudora, you'll probably like Agent or Gravity. Jasper (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!

(...) I could look into that. Just the way I work with my email, its pretty convenient to get the news delivered by it. Often I'll browse Lugnet on the web interface and post replies via email. But if I want a thread to be threaded properly for (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)