 People / 3217
    Re: Keyboard trouble! —Calum Tsang
   (...) Well, if it's relatively new, you can go and look into getting a replacement on warranty. Another possibility if it's off warranty, is to open it up and clean out the keyboard matrix contacts underneath. If it's water, it shouldn't have done (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.people)

        Re: Keyboard trouble! —James Brown
   (...) It's not under warranty. "spilled half a glass of water" == not covered. :) (...) Yup, you can try this, although I've found that the funky split keyboard ergonomic ones are generally less robust. But you've nothing to lose: the worst thing (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.people)

        Re: Keyboard trouble! —John Morgan
   (...) Why? I've found that if a keyboard is stuck with coke or whatever, all one needs to do is to pop off the keys with a screwdriver in the problem area, clean there, and then stick them back on. That's the best thing about keyboards.. keys are (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.people)

        Re: Keyboard trouble! —James Brown
   (...) Two reasons: 1: if the spilled substance gets down to the circuit sheet, it's toast. Easiest way to tell this is if some keys do not work. 2: Cleaning a keyboard with stuck keys takes too long. An hour of my billable time is worth more than a (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.geek)