 People / 2735
Re: A lonely high school student, narrowing on colleges...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 04:45:29 GMT

Dear Rick,

I am currently a senior in architecture at Southern Illinois University in
Carbondale.  You need to research several programs and apply to a minimum of
three to five schools.  Learn what each school is known for (design,
structures and construction, historic preservation, etc.) and visit their
campus and architecture or graphic design department.

I reccommend Yale, University of Cincinatti, University of Kansas, Kansas
State University (I applied and was accepted to the last 3 but could not
afford out of state tuition.) There are many other good schools as well.

Also get a masters degree and plan your undergraduate to work with getting a
masters degree. (in years of school: 4+1 4+2 5+1 5+2 5+3 etc.)

Get an accredited professional degree.

Remember that hard work is as important, if not more, than talent.

Sincerely,

Ben Ellermann
ben_289@hotmail.com