 Parts / Modification / 42
    Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates —Mark Bellis
   (...) Better still, avoid the dremel by buying second hand some old 2x4s, which have no tubes underneath. Fill with plasticine or similar denser material that doesn't get too hot (i.e. not solder), leaving 1.6mm depth free for the studs of the brick (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

        Re: Home made weight bricks and train base plates —Mathew Clayson
   (...) Mark, The old hollow brick sounds OK, but I'd want them in new looking black ABS, or dark grey. Besides, once I glue it shut, the world will never know! Trust me I know how to use a dremel. I've seen your work, very nice. I 've also made train (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)