 Parts / Modification / 301
    Re: Which glue? —Rob Hendrix
    (...) Has Super Glue been used very successfully keeping ABS parts bonded over time? -Rob www.brickmodder.net (17 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts.mod)

        Re: Which glue? —John Neal
     (...) AFAIK. Have you heard otherwise? I thought Super Glue was in the same type glue family as MEK. JOHN (17 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

         Re: Which glue? —Aaron M. Sneary
     (...) No they are quite different. (URL) MEK> is not even a glue or epoxy at all. It is rather a solvent that literally loosens the plastic molecules of the ABS, and allows them to intertwine between bricks. Once it evaporates, the ABS returns to a (...) (17 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

         Re: Which glue? —William Webb
     (...) As Aaron States, the use of MEK was BANNED from the Lego modelshops back in 1998, and GBL was introduced. Many health issues were being presented and an article written in the LEGO REVIEW magazine, a corporate magazine spoke about the (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

         Re: Which glue? —Tommy Armstrong
     (...) There is of course an alternative, if you want to put up with the hassle. Buy a good respirator with a cartridges designed to filter out the MEK. But you need to be careful. You need to make sure that the cartridges are fresh as once in use (...) (16 years ago, 23-Feb-08, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

        Re: Which glue? —Jason J Railton
   (...) I've found cyanoacrylate 'Super Glue' isn't good at holding LEGO together for long. But, this is mainly down to the shiny surface of parts. Where I've sanded the edge of a push switch and fitted it into a train controller, it's an incredibly (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.parts.mod)

        Re: Which glue? —Mathew Clayson
   (...) Some of the thin CA glues have a solvent added (MEK?), the superglue brand seems to have more then the others. While working on some movie props I needed to glue some detail onto a curved surface. the thin SG brand caused the thin styrene (...) (17 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.parts.mod)