 Parts / Custom / 4
  Re: Idea for new train wheel

(...) Do we need the whole wheel to be metal? Or would snap on tyres be sufficient? What if you made metal flanged (and blind) tyres that snapped onto the current BBB blind wheel? It would increase the size a bit, no doubt but might avoid the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.parts.custom)

  Re: Idea for new train wheel

(...) sufficient? (...) current (...) avoid the (...) was a (...) wire (...) My thinking was to use a technic beam as the support structure and have a small ball bearing (bee bee?) and spring in one of the technic holes behing the wheel. That way, (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.parts.custom)

  Re: Idea for new train wheel

(...) A sufficiently thin wiper made of spring metal, vertically arranged, with a horizontal tab with a suitable hole punched in it so that it would fit between two plates to hold it in place, which then had a wire soldered to it leading off to the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.parts.custom)