 Parts / 39
    Might this be very very cool? —Dave Schuler
   I haven't run the prices yet, but could (URL) portend a source of original MOC parts? (URL) the website. It's a cool idea in any case. Dave! (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

        Re: Might this be very very cool? —Elroy Davis
     (...) That's funny. I just finished the very same article before coming over here to Lugnet. I was thinking the exact same thing. -Elroy (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

        Re: Might this be very very cool? —Jason Spears
     (...) It might work, depending on what you are willing to pay for parts. Also it's worth noting that someone with access to a cad program would have to help, converting .dat files to .stl can make ugly .stl files. I've had experience with (URL) this (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

         Re: Might this be very very cool? —Darrell Urbien
     (...) Yeah, that's the rub. Service bureaus have been around for a long time, and this isn't the first one that's been Internet based. There are places that will actually make injection molds for you over the net. It all comes down to how badly you (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

        Re: Might this be very very cool? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I agree. One note, this may be suited for parts.custom rather than just parts. Jason, who responded elsewhere in the thread has a fair bit of experience with .stl files for parts now, I think... XFUT parts.custom (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

        Re: Might this be very very cool? —Dave Schuler
   (...) Doh! Darn my unfamiliarity with the group hierarchy! And I was so excited when the new groups hit the scene, too. Anyway, I need to get started on my dream list of faux-clone parts. I wonder if I can justify a bulk purchase sufficient to make (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

        Re: Might this be very very cool? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I can confirm it's pretty darn cool! Jason had a pointed top arch part he had designed a while ago that he shared images of with our club... it was one of the parts that got realised and shown at SIGGRAPH and at BrickLink. I thought it was (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)