 Parts / 304
Re: Identify parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2006 05:26:07 GMT

In lugnet.parts, Jordan Bradford wrote:
In lugnet.parts, Clark Stephens wrote:
These are from the 4.5V Technic Control system, used with early computers.
Here's a page describing those pieces:
and a folder with some other images:

HTH,
Clark

Is that a PC card of some sort I see among the pictures? This didn't use a
serial port?

Yes and no. This is from the days when computers used cards for ports. The
connection is a 20 serial cable (RS-232). Here's a catalog description of the
interface card:

MS-DOS or Apple II Slot Card Pack - US$161.50 includes slot card, cable, LEGO TC
logo software and reference guides. (card is for most MS-DOS machines, except
IBM PS/2 Models 50 and above or any other microchannel computer)

HTH,
Clark