Re: BrickFest Registration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 02:06:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Christina Hitchcock writes:
Would it be clearer if I revised the wording to say that the Registration is
due by June 15th in order to receive a complete registration package?

I registered. I expected to get PayPal information, not an address!

Please consider setting up to accept PayPal or some other electronic
payment, if at all possible. Maybe get some club member to accept on your
behalf?

PS I have volunteered for two clinics... one on train shows and one on model
building. I see both of those as potentially involving whatever other
trainheads show up and want to participate. (email me if interested)

I have cross posted to trains.org but set FUT back to wamalug.

From my registration:

1. Larry Pieniazek and other train club members (t.b.a.) will lead a
roundtable discussion on train shows.

Topics will include
- Effective show planning, a trial calendar
- Resources available to you
- Do's and Don'ts
- Clinics! Why they are a money maker for your club
- Effective negotiation with GATS/Greenberg et. al.
- Show day Tips and tricks

2. A model design clinic - Designing train models for maximum realism and
operation.

Topics will include:
- Sources of inspiration
- Planning ahead, parts to gather, ways to design
- It's a matter of style. Your style and how to develop it
- 6 wide vs. 8 wide: Does it really matter?
- SO I built a grea model! Now what?

++Lar