Re: BrickFest Registration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 17:37:28 GMT

Hi Shiri, all,
  Though I'm not part of any of the planning this year for Brickfest,
perhaps I can answer some of your questions.
  You are correct when you say that there is no address to send the money
for on the actual registration form page. Once you complete the form though,
the next page has the address to send the money to.
  I sympathize with some of you about a registration fee, but those who came
to the first Brickfest last year know that this was a topic of discussion
towards the middle to latter days of the fest. I personnally don't think
that $10 is an unreasonable amount of money for what you are gonna get from
the Brickfest experiance. As far as I know, (which if I'm wrong, someone
from the Brickfest planning committee please correct me,) the proceeds are
going directly back into door prizes, goody bags, and what-not. I also don't
feel that badly about paying $10 for each t-shirt, considering that they
were about the same price last year. The idea is not to milk money out of
the participants, just cover costs that not everyone thinks of right away.
  I'm sure that if you put down in your registration that you wished to have
a CW exhabition, that that would be worked into the schedule, (I should
think). After all, if I can get a spot modifying/utilating brick again, then
you should be able to do some CW stuff. (Bring my modified red hair with you
please).
So, hope to see you soon.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.events, Christina Hitchcock writes:
The registration page will be up within the next few days.

Well, there's one up there, and I have a few questions about it...:

- So there's a registration fee this year? It's $10? And then if you want a
T-shirt, it's another $10 extra?
- How do you pay? Nowhere on that page does it mention that.

http://www.brickfest.com/schedule2001.html

Looks like a good schedule, mostly... but s'more questions:

- The hours on the schedule only run til about 6 PM. Does that mean that the
room(s) are only ours until that time? Or...?
- Also, would you guys be OK with some Castle-World events going on? We're not
too sure but we're hoping to get something going. It wouldn't be a
presentation or a lecture but rather a "gathering" or some-such by all CW
members (or anyone else) who would be interested. It would be nice to have a
specific time alotted for it. But like I said, it's all in the works, nothing
definite. Pawel (who's hoping to come) and I (who will, barring major
disaster, be there) were trying to think of something. But nothing is certain
as of now.

come and join us!

With pleasure!

submit your idea for a workshop or presentation.

See above...

-Shiri