Subject:
"Royal Gathering" - updated page, and more questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:12:04 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hey guys!

This is XP-ed to .wamalug (but FUT .cw) so the folks over there can tell us if
this is all OK with them. I am hoping we could get a room of our own, like
last year. The bigger the better, though. This will probably go on for a large
part of the three days. Please inform us if this is OK.

-----

So first of all I'll invite you to check out this updated info. Go here:
http://www.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/~88/Brickfest2001/
...and follow the three links I put up there. I hope that organizes things a
bit.

-----

Secondly, if you checked the page above (or simply read the subject of the
post), you already saw that we are assuming this is, in fact, a Royal
Gathering. If anyone has issues with that, please post quickly (before we make
up our minds for good!).

Plus, this does *not* mean that theives or wisemen(/women!!) cannot come. All
it means is that we will have to be more creative about how to get these
minifigs involved. (E.g. having Verneer selling fish undercover, and all the
while spying on prince Ian.) Makes sense? Yes/no/maybe? ...see below for more
things about the campground.

-----

Third, I'd like to ask you all to RSVP your participation in this event,
either by replying or by email. Please tell me:

* If you're going to physically be at the Brickfest

* Who are the minifigs you'll be bringing (if you don't know exactly who, at
least say how many!)

...I'm not sure how sending minifigs by mail (or us creating clones of your
minifigs) would work, but I think it should be ok. However, you should
understand it would be harder to get them really involved in the story, since
whoever brings them for you will not be able to make on-the-spot decisions for
you! We can only say things like "Here comes the Honorable Delegate
representing the Blank Shields!"... IYKWIM.

-----

Fourth issue is the campground. Pawel brought it up first
(http://news.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/?n=758), Craig (woohoo! Craig posted!
;-) went on with the idea, and the ball's already rolling.

So here's what *I* envision (and feel totally free to say "Shiri, what are you
talking about, hush up and step aside!")...:

- A lot of baseplate space, which is why I'm hoping for our own room.
- This space should probably be divided into lots for every person planning to
attend. The space could be filled with camps, temporarily-standing shops or
stands, or anything your mind can think of (within reason).
- It would be great if some space was set aside for a dock, plus some roads
going into the area.

Now, this area MIGHT (and I stress might) - or might not - be the main display
area for castle buildings. Last year there was the big walled city; so maybe
this year it could be a big campground. ;-) This, of course, depends on what
MOCs people are going to be bringing. I mean, a church and an inn could fit
very well in the campground and in the story context; but a big castle and a
magician's tower might not work quite as well. But we can always put random
MOCs along the walls and on tables, while most of the MOCs would be *in* the
display, in people's lots.

LMK if this is a totally whacked idea or is there a possibility this would
work.

-----

OK, I think that covers most of the things. Please post anything, any ideas or
input or even flaming...

Also, if you have any idea, please RSVP as I explained above.

Over and out--
-Shiri