Re: "Royal Gathering" - updated page, and more questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:54:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
Plus, this does *not* mean that theives or wisemen(/women!!) cannot come. All
it means is that we will have to be more creative about how to get these
minifigs involved. (E.g. having Verneer selling fish undercover, and all the
while spying on prince Ian.) Makes sense? Yes/no/maybe? ...see below for more
things about the campground.

I think a mild modification of Frank's Pernese Gather suggestion is still a
good idea.

Important people don't go anywhere alone, right?  All those retainers and
underlings and hangers-on need something to do while the bigwigs are behind
closed doors, neh?

Have a faire in conjunction with the royal gathering.  All kinds of things
can happen at a faire, with none the wiser. :)

Also, in medieval times, with travel being so daunting, a gathering of
nobles was often shadowed by a gathering of priests, and a gathering of
knights, and re-unions of various orders, simply because it's easier for
everyone to have them at the same time.

It should be easy enough to let people "script in" their own meetings - I
mean, if 4 or 5 people get their religious figs together, and call it a
"Gathering of the Holy Orders", it's easy to pretend it was planned ahead of
time.  I mean, that *is* why you write the story later, right? <grin>

Third, I'd like to ask you all to RSVP your participation in this event,
either by replying or by email. Please tell me:

* If you're going to physically be at the Brickfest

No.  Not unless I win a lottery between now and then.  Tricky, because I
don't buy tickets.

* Who are the minifigs you'll be bringing (if you don't know exactly who, at
least say how many!)

Two.  The Captain and one of his lieutenants.

...I'm not sure how sending minifigs by mail (or us creating clones of your
minifigs) would work, but I think it should be ok. However, you should
understand it would be harder to get them really involved in the story, since
whoever brings them for you will not be able to make on-the-spot decisions for
you! We can only say things like "Here comes the Honorable Delegate
representing the Blank Shields!"... IYKWIM.

In my case, that's no big deal (and I'll cover this in more detail in
e-mail).... The Blank Shields will mostly be there to say "we're open for
business."  Any real contract negotiations would take place later anyway,
right? :)

wishing I could go...

James