  Re: Brickfest Questions

(...) Mobtown? I haven't heard that name for Baltimore. I have heard Charm City and "The City that Reads", but never Mobtown. Is that a name for a part of Baltimore or is it for the town as a whole? Will (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Brickfest Questions

(...) It's a name for Baltimore that came from the 19th century. Baltimore was a pretty violent place then (oh wait, it still is), mostly from political conflicts. Every election was like a huge battle in the streets between rival factions, which (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Brickfest Questions

(...) Thanks for the very cool local history. I knew Baltimore was a tough town now but I had not idea that its violent history went so far back in time. My personal nickname for it would more likely be "The city that kicks my Butt everytime I go up (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug)