 Organizations / United States / ULUG / *19 (-10)
  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Jeffrey, How is the new crane coming along? Have you been able to figure out the physics yet? (...) Yes, we do. (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Alright Brian, You got me (sorry guys but it was a side conversation). Anyways, thanks everyone for the feedback, it was really helpful. I myself was unfortunately unable to attend the show. Oh and if anyone was wondering who the builder of the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) I just joined the yahoo group and downloaded and installed TrackDraw. I like it, they are both great. TrackDraw does seem to be superior with tables, etc. Thanks for all the advice. We have another show coming up next weekend, so hopefully, I (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Mike & All, (...) Indeed. As a matter of fact, when I last tried Trackdraw, I could not get it to work (IT restrictions, etc. 2+ jobs ago?) but I saw that I have Net on my computer here, and just got it running. I will have to play around with it (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) I have used it for many moons, and I still enjoy it. It is a great program for what it can do. (...) No problem at all, I am glad I can share my experiences. : ) Scott -- (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

"Cedar Sith" <cedarlug@bresnan.net> wrote in message news:JCr1zD.GCx@lugnet.com... (...) I prefer TrackDraw over TrackDesigner for the single reason that you can whip out new parts really quickly if you need it. Mike (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Great suggestion. I downloaded Track Designer and in about 15 minutes had recreated the last show. What a great program. Thanks for the advice and direction. (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) Indeed. At MichLUG's first show at GATS in January of 2001, (URL) did pretty much the same thing - a lot of people brought stuff, and we basically filled in places as we went along. I am not sure if we had an actual layout in mind (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Thanks for all the positive feedback. Getting started is very difficult. I was surprised at how challenging it is to design a lay-out at the show and then fill in the space with buildings, etc. Question to all Train Clubs. How do you (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) It is always nice to that interaction with the crowd, even if it is the 50th time you heard it. : ) (...) It is great to have some interactivity like that in a layout - I need to do more of that in ours. (...) The most important (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact