 Organizations / United States / ULUG / *14 (-10)
  Re: ULUG Train Show

"Cedar Sith" <cedarlug@bresnan.net> wrote in message news:JCr1zD.GCx@lugnet.com... (...) I prefer TrackDraw over TrackDesigner for the single reason that you can whip out new parts really quickly if you need it. Mike (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Great suggestion. I downloaded Track Designer and in about 15 minutes had recreated the last show. What a great program. Thanks for the advice and direction. (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) Indeed. At MichLUG's first show at GATS in January of 2001, (URL) did pretty much the same thing - a lot of people brought stuff, and we basically filled in places as we went along. I am not sure if we had an actual layout in mind (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Thanks for all the positive feedback. Getting started is very difficult. I was surprised at how challenging it is to design a lay-out at the show and then fill in the space with buildings, etc. Question to all Train Clubs. How do you (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) It is always nice to that interaction with the crowd, even if it is the 50th time you heard it. : ) (...) It is great to have some interactivity like that in a layout - I need to do more of that in ours. (...) The most important (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Brian- Congrats on your first show.It's a lot of fun to put your stuff out in front of a crowd for the first time. I especially liked the decorative archway, dino museum, bridge, fishing hole, and mech. Good stuff in any layout! Small idea: Be (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  ULUG Train Show

Over the weekend ULUG (Utah LUG) participated in "The Ophir, Tintic and Western" Train Show at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah. We are a newer LUG (under 6 months) with 9 active members and this is our first Train show as a LUG. We were pleased to (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Upcoming Train show and rundown on lastest meetings.

Whoops I am a little behind and late posting this. Life comes first I guess. Anyways ULUG has a train show that we are participating in and will be displaying a layout at. The train show is being held at Thanksgiving Point, just outside Lehi, Utah. (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  ULUG Meeting: December 16, 2006

ULUG is holding the December meeting on this Saturday the 16th at Reed’s Home. Current time for the meeting is 3:00pm. In mood with the Christmas season, we will be doing a gift exchange game with sets in the $10-$15 range. Please have all gifts (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Last show.

The club participated for the first with Reed in a train show on November 3-5 at the fairgrounds in Salt Lake City. It was a great success. We constantly had people coming up and us asking questions. The mountain was created on Saturday while most (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact