 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 360
Re: A Question Concerning Space Modules?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:25:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
Tom, you need not worry.

You ask:

Does anything go as long as it fits the specs for
combining modules together?  I'm just wondering...

The official Moonbase Project (Jon Palmer et al.) website answers:

"Its very important that you understand that a module can be ANYTHING you
want. As long as it's corridor is lined up properly and its at least 4 studs
from the baseplate edge, anything goes."

Yes, Tom, there is a Santa Claus. Check out the list of module ideas at:

http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/ideas/

You'll see stuff listed like:

- LEGO Town set remade as a Module
- Spaceman beauty spa
- Rundown (space ghetto)

as well as other stuff more closer to the space look/feel. Not only are Jon
Palmer and his minions saying a mix of anything space (Classic, Futuron,
Blacktron, Browntron, Pinktron, Trontron, etc.) is good, they are saying
ANYTHING is good so long as the standards for connectivity and spacing are met.

Nay, ye shan't be taken to task or assaulted with inedible fruit for a novel
approach! So pleasantly surprise us, as you have in the past! I'll never
forget that train of yours at Jason's!

Cheers,

Pat

Whew!  Thanks Pat for giving me a green light.  I'll get back to my building
now and hopefully will be able to finish something in time for our meeting.
I thought I had read the instuctions correctly, but I got to second guessing
myself and got concerned.  I needed some reassurance that I wasn't too far
out in left field.  haha (please..no comments on that statement)
Tom