 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 179
Re: Fall 2002 Texlug Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:52:20 GMT

--- Thomas Avery <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Laura Hayden writes:
Howdy all!
Now that BrickFest is over (congrats TJ!),

Thanks!

the time has come to start thinking about our next
get-together. I have gotten a tentative approval • to
use space here at National Instruments for our • meeting,
with the understanding that it would be over a • weekend
and we need a space that can be locked when we are • not
around.  How do the second (13th and 14th) or • third
(20th and 21st) weekends of October sound to you?

Alright! Thanks for procuring the space.

Did you have in mind meeting Saturday thru Sunday on
those weekends? (you
quoted dates for Sunday and Monday) Either of those
weekends sound good.

Oops!  Yes, I was thinking Saturday and Sunday.  With
setup Saturday morning, the RoboLab presentation
Saturday afternoon, and maybe use Sunday for Open
House, if y'all feel up to it.  We would break down
Sunday afternoon.

Let me know what help you need with organizing this
meeting. I can send out
group emails like in previous meets, or just give
you my email lists. I'll
update the website (www.texlug.org) and get things
going there.

Yes, please update the website.  Adding a link or two
to RoboLab on the website would be cool, too.

http://www.ni.com/company/robolab.htm
http://www.ceeo.tufts.edu/graphics/robolab.html

Are we going to try for another train layout? I'm
sure there's interest in
running trains again. What does everyone think?

Trains (and bridges) would be great!  We will have use
of banquet-sized tables (3'x6'), so getting an idea of
how many tables we will be using and starting a rough
layout would be cool, too.  I will find out how big of
a room we will have...

I have started my RoboLab training, so we will • definitely
have a presentation of RoboLab.

Cool.

Let me know what you think.
Laura

It sounds great. Keep us informed, and contact me
about any help you need
from me.

Let's set a date and get a rough idea of how many
Texlug people might come, so that I can start getting
people from NI to come, too.

Laura