Subject:
Demonstration or exhibit robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 04:08:31 GMT

For this Saturday's SMART meeting, I've already asked people with robots
they'd like to show at BricksWest to bringing them along.  (see
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/smart/?n=76)

Now I would also like to encourage everyone to consider what robots would
make good demonstration or exhibit pieces - whether you've built them or
not.  There's a potential opportunity for us to put some of our finest
creations on display here in the Seattle area in mid-April.  These could be
both static displays of robots, or displays that have them running.  We'll
talk about this at the meeting, but I wanted to give everyone a 'head's up'
to at least start thinking about this idea.

So whether you've got a robot that's really cool to look at, one that does
something cool, or just an idea for a robot like this, polish it off for the
meeting.

BTW: Don't forget our minichallenge for this meeting as well: Drag Racers.
See previous messages on Lugnet for details.

--
  David Schilling