Re: Demonstration or exhibit robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:12:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, David Schilling writes:
[...]
Now I would also like to encourage everyone to consider what robots would
make good demonstration or exhibit pieces - whether you've built them or
not.  There's a potential opportunity for us to put some of our finest
creations on display here in the Seattle area in mid-April.  These could be
both static displays of robots, or displays that have them running.  We'll
talk about this at the meeting, but I wanted to give everyone a 'head's up'
to at least start thinking about this idea.

So whether you've got a robot that's really cool to look at, one that does
something cool, or just an idea for a robot like this, polish it off for the
meeting.

I would like to give the Pacific Science Center a rough number of how many
robots our group will be able to lend them for display.  Anyone with one or
more possibilities, please either reply to this message, or email me
directly.  I need to give them an answer soon.  Personally I have three or
four: my sumo robot (black box), my KiloBlue Killough platform from a few
SMART meetings back, and a pick-and-place tic-tac-toe robot that's nearly
complete.  I might also have time to put one more together.  Or I might
create a static display of gripper evolution for the pick-and-place robot.

Remember, the robots will be in cases, so they won't get destroyed by
curious little hands.  And if you don't want to have your robot actually
running, that's perfectly fine.

This is important for our group, it shows others what cool things are
possible with LEGO Mindstorm robots, and will be a great way to introduce
people to our group.

Please let me know in the next couple of days.  Thanks!

--
  David Schilling