Re: Two weeks till January meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:05:24 GMT

First of all, this is another mini-reminder about building your drag-racer
for the SMART meeting on the 26th.  You've got less than two weeks.

Mainly, however, I wanted to mention our group's participation is for
BricksWest.  BricksWest is a conference for adult fans of LEGO, being held
at Legoland, California Feb 16-18.  We're bringing several robots for
demonstration purposes to the pavilion in Legoland where conference
attendees, as well as the general public will be able to see what you can do
with a Mindstorms kit.

If anyone in the group has a robot that would be suitable for demonstration,
and would be willing to part with it for a while, please bring it along to
the next SMART meeting.  Besides being something interesting to watch, the
requirements are that it be quite robustly built, not require a complicated
setup, be self explanitory, and can operate continuously, pretty much on its
own.

It needs to be robustly built, and operate in a robust fashion.  Not that
people will be picking it up, and toying with it, ... they won't.  But it
needs to survive being shipped down, and back.  When it is set up, the
person setting it up won't have much time to piece it back together if it's
come apart.  And also, it shouldn't come apart on it's own when operating.

If you have a robot you're proud of that satisfies these requirements, as I
said, bring it to the next meeting.  We could use a couple more for our display.

--
  David Schilling