Subject:
Marysville 4H Technology Club and Lego Geometry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:14:31 GMT

Last week Barton Place and I drove up to Everett to talk about Lego robots
with a group of young people in a 4H Technology club.  This amazing group is
not only working on a Lego robots (plural at least two teams!) for the First
Lego League but are also planning on entering the BotBall tournament
starting next year.

If there is any adult SMART members who live in Everett or vicinity who is
interested in helping out this group as a mentor then I think they would
welcome the help.  I understand that they normally meet on Tuesday nights
which is impossible for me or Barton to make.  If you are interested let me
know or contact Wendy Lewis directly at wendylew@aol.com.

One of the things that I did at this meeting was talk about Lego Geometry.
For example, I explained the basic unit of measure, LEGO Unit (L), how
different gears mesh, and putting gears and beams at diagonals.  I have put
the documents that I created in a brickshelf folder if anyone is interested.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GJansson/Geometry/
  if the link above does not work then you can also use

Gus