Re: Easter Egg Hunt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:22:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, Brian Crawford wrote:
Is the arena open to anyone that brings an egg-gathering robot? My son and I
haven't been to any of the meetings (but we have participated in the robot
challenge last year and have been to many of your other public events) and we
may put together a robot for this.

Also, what time is the egg-gathering on March 26?

Thanks,
brian

Sure, anyone who'd like to bring an Easter Egg hunting robot is welcome. The
more, the better!

Unlike the past, this event isn't in addition to, but rather IS our normal
meeting. As such it will run from 2pm to 5pm. We'd like people to stay with
their robots for as much of that time as possible. (Though if you need to leave
early, or arrive late, that's fine.) We'll try to have as many robots running
around on the field at the same time as practical.

While the robots are running, we'll all have a chance to talk, watch, learn, and
show-off. Hopefully most of the robots will be reliable enough to not have to be
babysat continuously.

Feel free to bring any other robots you want to show members (or the public).
We'll discuss the next mini-challenge (for May's meeting).

Gus, Mark and I will be setting up the crate contraption we had at NWBrickCon
(hopefully with some slightly improved robots on Mark and my part) earlier in
the day. It will be running (knock on wood) the whole time as well.

--
  David Schilling