Re: Workshop 3D RCX Challenge in two weeks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:57:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, Tony Hafner wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.smart, David Schilling wrote:
It's just one week until the RCX Challenge ... if you are planning to
participate, make sure you register ahead of time.
<http://www.workshop3d.com/rcx/register.html>

How loose is the registration?  I'd like to enter, but I'm 4 days past the
deadline.  Yeah, I know I'm lame...

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

We're pretty lenient, as long as you register the day before, we'll gladly
accept your robot. It makes planning for an event much easier if people register
earlier, and we can provide your name to the science center to get in free to
the competition if you do so. (Otherwise you need to pay to enter the Pacific
Science Center.)

For line-tracking and the gap crossing/cube gathering event we'll (probably -
see note 1) even accept your robot if you show up early at the event. For sumo
you *need* to register the day before so that we can set up the
double-elimination tournament, though, so no last minute entries for that one.

--
  David Schilling

Notes:
1) If there are a huge number of entries we might limit "show up without
registering" robots. Also, you need to show up at least half an hour before the
event you'd like to participate in, more would be better.